A magazine’s unique identity is marked by the fact that it looks and feels like a national lifestyle title but is published specifically for communities of typically between 2,000 and 5,000 people.
Due to the local nature of some publications, they rely on each edition being published, edited and managed by people who live in the very areas in which it is distributed.
Each edition benefits from:
* Creative skills
* Highly efficient production system
* Editorial support
* Commercial experience in the field of lifestyle publishing
* Your knowledge of and passion for the place where you live
* Your drive and determination to establish a magazine in your exclusive area
* Your enthusiasm for becoming a real publisher
* Your passion for running a truly local business with a very national, prestigious style
Circulation areas must fall under carefully planned criteria.
* Have a certain amount of population
* Qualify as being HIGHLY affluent locations
Licensees/franchise owners must have:
* Excellent communication skills
* Good organisational skills
* A real passion to run an exciting, fast paced publishing enterprise
In return, franchisees will receive:
* Full training and support
* Exclusive circulation area(s) for YOUR local edition
* Access to highly efficient production system
* Full business set up support (legal/accountancy/financial)
* Online product development training and sales support
* Exclusive publisher’s manual/handbook
* Comprehensive stationery pack including legal/sales agreements, business cards and other documents
* Access to Media Content Shop (hand pick your own pre-written editorial) inc exclusive celebrity interviews and columns
* Your own website, email addresses and online business inc social networking website
* Operational control of your own group
* Anscillary publishing opportunities including specialist directories and guides
A typical first edition is typically 5 pages inc covers.
The split should be 60% commercial content, 40% editorial (provided by them).
Commercial content is defined as content which has either been paid for directly in the form of an advert or sponsored editorial.
You can set your own advertising rates in consultation with them and dependant on your publication’s circulation profile.
You will bear the cost of print and distribution for your magazine but the purchasing and management of print and distribution will be handled by them. Each publication will benefit from bulk purchasing power and experience in print buying.
What’s Included in A Franchise?
The franchise is a complete business system and brand licencing opportunity. You will be given full support in order to produce success.
* The right to licence the magazine name in print and online
* Circulation area analysis: They identify the key demographic information to determine your ideal distribution area(s)
* A fully loaded, fully functional website to accompany the magazine, featuring local business directory system, social network, professionally created content/articles/features/news
* Franchise operations manual (can not be viewed by anyone other than franchisees, contains confidential business operations information)
* Printing support: They negotiate print prices on your behalf, helping you to always get the best deal on your publication
* Door to door distribution support: There is only ONE company in the UK that offers door to door distribution at prices more than 60% cheaper than the Royal Mail. They have a contract with that company. You will be given full access to this essential distribution partnership
Full training support, including:
* Details on how to perform financial reports
* Operation of the magazine production system
* Accounting system set up (accounting software charged separately)
* Sales documents
* Booking forms
* Revenue collection
* Business banking introduction
* Business telephone introduction
* Home office set up
* Sales letters
* Access to the online knowledge library (includes templates/eBooks/videos/market research and more!)
* Email set up
* Marketing strategy
* PR & media support