Wedding and Events Franchises
Essentials of getting Married
Fundamentally, marriage is a legal contract, and as such demands certain requirements of the parties entering into it. These vary slightly depending on whereabouts in the UK you live and where you wish to marry, but broadly they are the same.
However, extra care should be taken if you have very unusual circumstances, such as one party being housebound, hospitalised or detained. For the most comprehensive advice available check your local authority’s homepage and also the Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
Who can get married?
In the UK, two types of ceremonies leading to marriage are recognised:
Religious ceremonies and civil ceremonies.
In addition to this, same-sex couples are able to enter into civil partnership, which gives the couple the same legal protection and rights as mixed gender couples. There are very slight technical differences between all three, (see overleaf), but generally the rules for marrying or entering into a marriage or a civil partnership are as follows:
* In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, both parties must be 18 or over on the day of the wedding, or 16 and over with parental consent. In Scotland,
persons over 16 can marry.
* Neither party can be currently married or in a civil partnership.
* The individuals wishing to marry cannot be closely related. (The list of excluded relationships is listed at www.adviceguide.org.uk if in doubt. Be
sure to check under the part of the UK you are resident in!)
* Both parties must be consenting to the marriage and capable ofunderstanding the ceremony.
* In Scotland, the marriage would have to be also regarded as valid in the country/ies to which either party belong.
* Are you looking for a great new way of making a living away from the drudgery of a 9 to 5 routine? Would you like to be your own boss and to take control of your own future destiny? If so we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for entrepreneurial types who would like to run events for the singles community in their local area, provide an online dating service and high quality personal introductions too.
If that sounds like something you would enjoy then get in touch – dating and singles events are big business and we urgently need more customer coverage around the country. So if you want the social life you have always dreamed of, the chance of very high levels of earnings (anything up to £800 from an evenings work and on occasions beyond that) then ring us on 0845 2303199 or click here and we will gladly forward you a brochure.
* Our training is guaranteed to get you away to a flying start with your When the Music Stops or Matchmakers franchise. It’s a 3 day residential course in a central location and it is completely free, as opposed to many other franchises where training is at extra cost.
* We are used to taking people from all walks of life and with no knowledge or experience of the dating or events industry’s and turning them into a bit of an expert over the first 3 days of their new career. The training is comprehensive and is only the start of it all, as the ongoing support is very good too
LOOKING FOR A GREAT NEW WAY OF MAKING A LIVING?
Well dating in the UK has been one of the biggest successes of the last decade or so and the way people meet has been transformed during this period. The dating industry is now worth more than £1 billion per annum in the UK alone and the demand for high quality dating products and meeting opportunities is increasing all the time.
Carefully run, professionally organised but fun dating events of all shapes and sizes. From intimate dinner parties in fabulous restaurants, to glitzy party nights, black tie ball’s, James Bond evenings, speed dating, walks, murder mystery events, quizzes and much much more.
So if you can’t resist matchmaking within your group of friends, are outgoing and want a really hectic social life, or quite simply you want to make money in an industry that has boomed in recent years, then we want to tell you more about our franchise opportunity.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Well we have an excellent support team, who will train you initially on all aspects of running a business, franchising, the dating industry, your support websites and how they operate, marketing/advertising/PR, finding your venues and the skills and knowledge of how to run excellent quality events.
We provide you with a superb administration website around which you build your business, your own slice of the main When the Music Stops website – one of the busiest dating events sites in the UK and your own local site too.
You’d then find your venues (we help a lot with this), load your event descriptions, begin your local publicity campaign and watch your events begin to sell. Our leading franchisees are making £600-£800 per event and there is no reason why you shouldn’t too