Consultants provide an individual and on-going consultancy service tailored to meet client requirements. The prevailing philosophy of inclusive design suggests that every part of the building be fully considered in relation to the many different requirements of disabled people. To achieve this successfully each part of the design process needs to be carefully considered in terms of full access for all.
An executive briefing is an excellent start in addressing disability issues within your organisation; delivered to groups of senior decision-makers their consultant will summarise the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA) and it's implications for your business including imminent changes to the legislation and real examples of case law. They will also provide a breakdown of disability across the UK with specific reference to your services.
Consultants can be involved, to help you, throughout the design process including attendance at meetings, preparation of intermediate reports and recommendations:
* Liaison role - working with access groups, community organisations and architects.
* Design Team participation - taking an active role as a member of the design team specifically responsible for looking after the needs of people with disabilities.
* Policy - advising on preparation of formal access policies and their implementation including staff training and adoption of positive attitudes towards access issues.
Specialised services include:
* Executive briefings, bespoke disability media information.
* Training for management and staff, cascade courses for company trainers.
* Customer Services Assessments, consultation with disabilities user groups.
* Access Audits, client-specific consultancy or project management.
* Development and appraisal of specific policies, protocols and procedures.
They have the experience and the understanding to assist you in developing full compliance with the DDA as quickly and efficiently as possible and is able to work on a diverse range of projects. They encourage best practice and acceptance of the spirit of the legislation providing the professional expertise and awareness you need of all types of disability.